On Monday morning I drove back to Skidmore and met with Bernie and Nicole at ten. I brought Nicole around the lab, showed her around, and told her the jist of my research projects. I also introduced her to Bah and had him explain his research to her. Then Bernie arrived, and he met with us and discussed possible research projects for Nicole to do. Eventually she decided on doing a nesting experiment with the lead mice and the BTBR mice. I will be helping her with it throughout the course of the five weeks. It’s a nice fun little experiment and it will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Nicole went to class and I went to lunch, and after her class and a much needed nap we headed back to the lab to do mouse inventory. We needed to figure out how many mice Nicole could use for her experiment while still having enough to put in the running wheels for the second half of the lead mice. So it ended up being a lottttt of mouse counting.
The task was too much for one day, so we headed for dinner and left the rest for the next morning.
And that was my exciting Monday! It doesn’t seem like a lot on paper, but trust me, it was exhausting!