Saturday 6/30 & Sunday 7/1

**Sorry about the really long delay on this week’s posts!  This was a really busy week and a half (as you will soon learn) and I’m trying to catch up with my posts.  Hopefully I won’t leave out much! Thanks for reading!**

Saturday was a really big day!  I had to wake up super early in order to get to the bus to NYC on time.  Even so, we were some of the last people on the bus, so none of us got to sit by each other.  Cody and I sat across from each other, but Nikki, Jordan, Jill and Kelly were kind of far apart.  But it didn’t matter, because we were headed to NEW YORK CITY!

The bus ride was only about 3 hours long, and it went by pretty quickly, although I got a little bus-sick as per usual.  We arrived right outside of the Fashion Institute, where Nikki and I posed with Barbie.

After that, we all took a potty break and decided to walk around a bit before we met up with Nikki’s friend Cynthia.  Once we got Cynthia from the train station, we went to Times Square and walked around a lot.  It was really really hot!  Cody and I split off from the group and went out to lunch at this random Italian place we stumbled upon.  We had the best pizza ever!

Later we met up with the rest of our group and we went to Central Park.  It was really fun, despite the heat.  We got to go to Strawberry Fields, which was my favorite part of the trip.

Here’s Cody and I at the memorial for John Lennon

We also saw a big fountain and walked around the park a lot.  For dinner, we all went to this really good falafel place where I tried falafel for the first time and had the most delicious hummus I have ever tasted.  Before we knew it, it was time to go home.  When we were getting on the bus I spotted Nicole, my friend from school that was to be working in my lab with me.  It was so coincidental that we met up!  Overall, we had a great trip and I had lots of fun!

Here’s all of us, minus Cynthia

On Sunday, my legs were exhausted from all of the walking around.  My parents went on a trip to Oneida Lake, so I was all alone.  Cody came over to spend time with me for a while and then we went to my grandma’s house to visit.  Later we went to Cody’s house for dinner and then I went back home and got a good night’s rest for my trip back to Skidmore.


About kararode

Hey! I'm Kara, and I am creating this blog as a sort-of diary to keep track of my summer research experience at Skidmore College. It is such a great opportunity and I don't want to forget a single bit of it! Feel free to read and take a peek at what it's like to be me, working in the laboratory as a "real" research scientist :)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: